Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Scooter Diary: A Soul Searching Journey

Under the most epic of titles should follow the most epic of stories. Okay, so that sweeping generalization might not be fulfilled in this case and the title itself may be misleading as well. I included the phrase "a soul searching journey" only because finding my body would be easy... it is located at the end of the large red streak on the pavement. My soul on the other hand would be nowhere to be found in this situation.

I really like to ride my BMX bike on my lunch break and after work at the Orem skatepark, which is located very close to my work. Ever since school started this semester though, this has become something of a problem because I have had to ride my road bike to work thus sacrificing my lunchtime bmx ride. The solution, and my latest stroke of genius was delivered to me in a dream (actually a BMX magazine) by an angel (actually by BMX legend Taj Mihelich). I wish you could see what I saw. It was a very majestic Moped with a glorious bike tied to it. I had to attempt it... just had to.



This is actually the more stable version. Originally I tied it to the basket that was formerly installed on the back rack. It added an exciting degree of instability and leverage. In addition to making me very afraid, it also made me second guess my own knot tying abilities and subsequently question my own manhood as the front of the bike came untied and fell off the rack as I was cruising through traffic in Orem. Featured in this photo is the new and improved low profile bungie chord edition. There is NO REASON why anyone shouldn't feel perfectly safe riding this around Utah County.

1 comment:

  1. Grandpa would be proud - and maybe a little scared! I knew Taj could be useful for something other than being a poster child for tattoo abstinence.

    ReplyDelete